FlexMat Plus is the thickest, most-comfortable closed-cell mat available. With 1.5” of air-trapping Flex-Cells™, it is highly versatile for stand-alone use and will increase warmth and puncture protection for inflatable mats. Because R-values are additive, FlexMat Plus’s R-value of 2.2 can boost a 3-season sleeping mat to 4-season efficiency. The folding form is quick to deploy and ensures a tidy load when attached to a backpack, bike or kayak.
Backpacker Magazine awarded FlexMat Plus the coveted Editor's Choice Award in March of 2020! Check out our blog post about it.
- High-quality, nontoxic microcellular IXPE foam is extremely lightweight and durable, and it maintains the Flex-Cell structure for years of hard use
- An array of air-trapping Flex-Cells creates a thick, warm, supportive sleep surface, and they nestle inside one another when the mat is folded, minimizing packed size
- Multiple rectangular segments fold against one another into a compact, easily packable shape
- Warmth-to-weight ratio is extremely high, making the FlexMat Plus an essential addition to any sleep system across all seasons
- FlexMat adds substantial insulation, durability and moisture resistance to inflatable sleeping mats when layered beneath
- Winter Mode—folded in half and doubled in thickness, FlexMat Plus increases insulation and cushioning under the torso; excellent for winter camping
- Pillow Mode—with the first several segments stacked one atop the other, an elevated, customized pillow section can be created, supporting the head and neck